Navajo Nation Student Housing
Are you a Navajo student attending UNM? The Navajo Nation has partnered with The University of New Mexico to offer financial support for your housing costs. Navajo Nation Student Housing at UNM Residence Life & Student Housing is located in the innovative Lobo Rainforest, UNM's newest housing facility.
Navajo Nation students will pay a cost sharing fee of $189 per month ($945 per fall/spring semester, $378 for summer). Fees go toward the Navajo Nation and are not retained for UNM use. Navajo students will be placed on a first come, first served basis this spring so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to Register
Navajo Nation student Housing is currently at capacity for 2018-2019. Students may still apply for it but will be placed in other available UNM housing at the regular rate as well as be placed on a wait list to be offered the opportunity to move to the Navajo Nation living area if space becomes available.
- You must be admitted to the University and have a NET ID. Don't have one? Click here. You will also need your Navajo Nation Census Number.
- Enter the housing registration dashboard and complete the application indicating "Lobo Rainforest."
- Indicate on the application that you are a Navajo student wishing to be placed in Navajo Nation Student Housing.
- Indicate your Navajo Nation Census Number on your housing application.
- Students who do not have a Navajo Nation Census Number may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative verification. Lack of a census number should not be interpreted as a barrier for Navajo students who want to live in the community.
- Once you have submitted your application, the Navajo Nation will do a final verification of your status and you will be notified of your eligibility and room assignment.
Questions? Contact UNM Residence Life & Student Housing at our 24/7 help desk, 505.277.2606 or email@example.com.
Read more about this unique partnership
- The University of New Mexico and Navajo Nation announce student housing partnership
- President Begaye Signs Agreement Providing Housing Support to Navajo UNM Students
- UNM, Navajo Nation strike deal for student housing
Cover photo courtesy of our partners at UNM American Indian Student Services. For more information on resources and activities through AISS, please visit their website at http://aiss.unm.edu.