Student Family Housing
UNM Student Family Housing (SFH) is designed for UNM students with spouses, domestic partners or families, and if space permits, single UNM Graduate or Upperclassmen. The SFH Complex consists of 200 apartments located in the 900 block of Buena Vista SE, a 12 acre site just a three-minute drive south of main campus.
UNM Student Family Housing offers the following:
- Fenced complex with controlled-access gate.
- Utilities Included: electricity, gas, water, satellite TV, high speed internet, laundry and trash collection are included in the monthly rent.
- Window treatments (vertical blinds) on all windows and sliding glass doors.
- Paved off-street parking.
- Community playground and outdoor recreation areas (including basketball court and sand volleyball court).
- Free heating in the cool season and air-conditioning in the summer months. Apartments are individually controlled.
- 24-hour laundry facilities with high efficiency washers and dryers located in each cluster.
- On site management staff and Community Resident Assistants.
- Social and educational events for residents and families.
- Several apartments are handicap accessible.
Student Family Housing is conveniently located near:
- Schools, churches, and shopping. (Lowell Elementary School, Wilson Middle School, and Albuquerque High School)
- Heights Community Center
- University Arena “The Pit”
- University Stadium.
- Isotopes Field (Albuquerque’s Triple A Minor League baseball team)
- Main shuttle lot for free transportation to and from campus
To qualify for Student Family Housing, there must be at least one registered UNM student in the apartment unit (which includes graduate students and post doc students). This is considered the person of record (the Licensee).
Eligible occupants/roommates include:
- Married couples with/without children
- Single parents with children
- Domestic partners
- Dependent Family members
- Same or differently gendered UNM Graduate Students
- Approved exceptions by Director of Residence Life and Student Housing or designee
SFH Licensees must list all family members and approved roommate(s) names on the signed License Agreement. Licensees with approved roommate(s) are considered the responsible party. As the responsible party, SFH Licensees are legally bound to collect rent from all roommates and pay monthly rental payments. Approved roommates may be family members and/or other UNM students.
Domestic partners should submit certification from the UNM Dean of Students office that they meet qualifying criteria.
For more information, email or call the SFH office at (505) 277-4265.