Apply Now to Live with Us

Applying in person at the SRC Commons Customer Service DeskCircle of resident hall friendsApplying in person at the SRC Commons Customer Service Desk

Eligibility | How to apply | Available Contracts | Applicants Under 18 | Meal Plans Required | Early Contract Release | Additional Information

Apply Now

If you experience complications while applying online, please call 505-277-2606 for assistance.


In order to qualify to live in our residence halls, you must be:

  • Admitted to UNM-Albuquerque main campus
  • Enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during fall and spring semesters*
  • Show reasonable progress toward the pursuit of a degree

*Summer residents must be enrolled in one credit hour for the duration of each summer session that they live on campus.

How to apply


Residence Life and Student Housing offers several contracts to meet your housing needs. Contracts are determined by the academic calendar. The contracts currently available will be linked to their paper application:

  • 2014-2015 Academic Year Contract: August 2014 through May 2015 (no longer available online - contact Rebecca Colón at 505-277-2660 for a mid-semester housing contract)
  • 2015 Spring Only Contract:  Available online the first part of November, 2014
  • 2015-2016 Academic Year Contract:  Available online first part of November, 2014
  • Summer Contract: Dates vary with summer sessions; Paper application or online application available in April or May. More information about summer housing on our Summer Housing page.
  • Winter Intercession Contract: December 13th, 2014 - January 8th, 2015; Paper applications are available at the SRC Commons front desk.
  • Renewal Contract: Available to returning residents; Priority Renewal Period will begin January 26, 2015; Contract renewal available through May 2015.

*During the winter intercession, traditional and suite style halls close. For this reason, Winter Intercession Contracts are offered to traditional and suite style hall residents that will continue with us in the spring. Winter Intercession assignments are based on space availability in our open apartments and will require a temporary move.

Applicants Under 18

Applicants under 18 years of age are required to provide a parent or guardian's signature. Paper applications include a space for parent guarantor signature; however, online applications require applicants under 18 to download a Parent Guarantor Form.  After printing, submit the signed form by fax (505-277-4712), email or in person at the SRC Commons Customer Service Desk.

Meal Plans Required

Students living in the on-campus residence halls are required to choose a meal plan. The UNM Lobo Card Office manages all meal plans and meal plan changes on behalf of the University food service provider, Chartwells. Meal Plan availability is dependent on your class, or in other words, whether you are a freshman or upperclassman. To view the meal plan options or change an already selected meal plan, go to the Lobo Card website or visit their office on the Plaza Level of the Student Union Building.

Early Contract Release

If you choose to cancel your contract, you must submit a written request prior to the contract start date. If you choose to end your contract after the contract start date, you will be required to complete a Contract Release in person with your Community Director or Area Coordinator. For more information, please read our complete Cancellation, Contract Release and Appeals Process.

Additional Information

Select the following links for more information regarding our housing options, terms and conditions, and rates. Additional information is also available on our Application FAQs page. Spring Only applicants who have successfully completed and submitted a Spring-Only application for contract will be notified via their UNM email address of their spring assignment by December 22, 2014. Room change requests will not be available until after spring move-in, 2015. Residents interested in a room change should contact their Area Coordinator or Community Director via email.