You may only change rooms with proper authorization from your hall coordinator or other professional staff member. Residents desiring a room change must submit a Room Change Application online through your Housing Dashboard. Approval for room changes is at the discretion of the professional staff member.
Generally, changes are only granted for specific reasons and during a designated window of time during the beginning of each semester.
SPRING 2019 ROOM CHANGES: Room change requests will be accepted from Tuesday, January 15, 2019 until Tuesday, January 22. The requests must be submitted by 11:59pm on January 22. Any requests submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Notification of approved room changes will be sent to a students UNM email address by the end of the day on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Approved room changes require that you move from your current space to your new room over the weekend of Thursday, January 24, 2019 to Sunday, January 27, 2019. You will be able to begin moving no earlier than 4:00PM on Friday, September 1 and must complete your move, including the check-out of your old space by 10:00PM on Sunday, January 27th. Full details on checking-in and checking-out will be included in the notification emails sent to students on January 23, 2019.
All residents who have been granted a room change must complete their move and cannot withdraw their request for a move once it's been granted.
In order to request a room change, please submit your request form by the date indicated.
- Fully complete all sections of application, available online in your Housing Dashboard. Failure to provide information can cause delay in the processing of your request.
- Indicate the hall, room, and/ or type of room you want to move to, why you would like to make the change, and any specific requested roommates.
- If you are applying for a change into a specific room, make sure the space is either vacant or will be vacant; requests for specific spaces that are occupied will be denied.
- If two or more people request the same space, the person who submitted their application first will be awarded the space.
- If you are requesting any available room or any available type of room, please indicate your hall and room type preference.
- If you are under 18 years of age and are requesting to move from a double room to a single room, you must have a parent or guardian sign approval.
How to change rooms (during the semester)
After you've submitted your form, a professional staff member will review all requests and notify you of the decision via your UNM email.
- You are required to check-in to your NEW Room by the date indicated in your email.
- Once you have moved all your personal items from your old room to your new room and clean your old room, you will need to schedule a check out with your old room RA.
- You are required to complete an RA Check-Out of your old room.
- Failure to complete your move within the aforementioned timeline will cancel the room change.
Improper room/apartment change fees may be assessed for moves without proper authorization.