Moving In for Fall 2023-2024
We are so glad you will be joining us this fall!
Our move-in process is different this year so if you are a returning resident, please read this carefully for the changes.
Check in is by appointment only. So check your UNM email for confirmation of your selected check-in day. Go to your Residence Dashboard to apply for your move-in day.
- New information regarding fall move in and instructions for move in will be released on June 8th.
- Info regarding the last day to sign up for Early Move-in will release on Aug 1.
- If you will be an after-hours or late night arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make note of it and make arrangements for your check-in
All residents will check in via a drive-up process hosted in the Redondo Village parking lot (yellow area). Please note that the entrance at Princeton and Central will be closed. Visitors will enter campus at Stanford and Central and proceed east via Redondo South. Please review the map and plan to approach the check-in process from Redondo South to the check-in area indicated in yellow.
- Pick up your UNM ID (LoboCard) if you are a new student
- Pick up your room keys and your Welcome to UNM Housing kit
- Pick up your UNM Parking Permit if you have purchased one
- Get a ABQ Ride (Albuquerque bus system) sticker for your LoboCard
After you finish the Parking and Transportation tent, you will be given directions to your residence hall to unload. Please remember that there are many fellow Resident Lobos coming to move-in as well, so be a brief as possible while unloading.
Lobo Rainforest Residents will check in on main campus using the same drive up process.
LoboCards – Your UNM ID / LoboCard serves as your access control for living in UNM Housing. If you are new to UNM, please be sure you have uploaded your photo to LoboCard so they can have your ID printed and ready for pick up. If you are a returning UNM Student have lost your card or do not have the new card with the proximity chip in it, you will need to contact LoboCard to arrange for a replacement. If you have questions, please contact us at 505-277-2606 or email@example.com.
What to Bring:
- Personal identification docs (driver’s licence, passport, SS card)
- Pillows, blankets and sheets for an extra-long twin bed (or full size sheets)
- Shower caddy with toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
- Robe, towel & flip flops, slippers or slides
- Laundry supplies (High Efficiency liquid laundry soap)
- School supplies
- Basic cleaning supplies
- First aid supplies Dishes & utensils
For your convenience, we have partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase Twin XL bedding, dorm storage solutions, and everything else you'll need (and want) for your new home away from home. Please visit dormroom.com/unm to get move-in day ready and create your dream dorm!
More Questions? Click for answers:
The Resident Lobo Move-in Guide 2023-24 includes helpful information about what and what not to bring, parking restrictions and more. Please see the information above for the details you need to check-in.
Feel free to contact us at 505.277.2606 if you have additional questions about move-in.
You will receive information regarding their room and hall assignment prior to move in. This information is sent to your UNM email account. If you have not yet received this information, feel free to contact us by calling 505.277.2606, or log into the housing dashboard.
All residents will check in via a drive-up process hosted in the parking lot at the corner of Girard and Central. Please review the map and plan to approach the check-in process on Redondo Drive heading eastbound as the arrows indicate.
Student should park in the lot most proximate to their building. Please park briefly, unload your items and then move your car to a residential parking area to complete your check-in process or to unpack your room.
The Pedway is the main sidewalk that runs through the Residence Life area, beginning at the Redondo Road roundabout running west to the Social Sciences building. The Pedway is set up as an unloading zone for some buildings only during Resident Lobo Move-In. Unloading zones are not for checking in, unpacking or other campus errands:
- Enter on the east end from the roundabout. Look for the check-in tent.
- Stop at the check-in tent to obtain your 30 minute unloading permit.
- Pedway speed limit is 5 mph.
- The Pedway is ONE-WAY ONLY. Drive west and park on the right hand side to unload.
- Exit at the west end of the Pedway near the Social Sciences building.
During Resident Lobo Move-In, residents are allowed to park in the residence hall “R” parking lots. Residents who plan to park on campus regularly, however, should purchase a permit from UNM Parking & Transportation Services as soon as possible. Residential Parking Areas (“R” lots) for move-in include:
- Parking lot between Hokona Hall and LDV Complex
- Parking lot east of Coronado Hall
- Parking lot east of Redondo Village Apartments
- Parking lot behind the SRC Apartments
You may have family members help you unload your belongings.
We encourage all Resident Lobos to get a free mailbox, located in the SRC Commons. Mailboxes are assigned by request only, but are a great resource to receive university information, campus deals, and packages. To request a mailbox key, present your Lobo ID card to a Mail Room Attendant. If you have questions about the mailbox system, contact the SRC Commons Mail Room at 505-277-9206.
Move-in can generate a lot of trash! Residence Life & Student Housing strives to lower our trash collection through recycling. Every building has a permanent trash and recycling area. However, during move-in, additional trash and recycling receptacles will be available close to each hall. Please join UNM in our Green Initiative and recycle whenever possible. Temporary recycling areas will be designated with orange fencing. These areas are for cardboard only; please do not use for Styrofoam.
Additional trash receptacles will be available in the following locations:
- East (behind) Coronado Hall
- South of SRC Commons
Additional recycling receptacles for cardboard will be available in the following locations:
- North of Hokona Hall, by D Lot
- South of SRC Commons