You may only change rooms with proper authorization from your hall coordinator or other professional staff member. Residents desiring a room change must submit a Room Change Application online through your Housing Dashboard. Approval for room changes is at the discretion of the professional staff member.
Generally, changes are only granted for specific reasons and during a designated window of time during the beginning of each semester.
FALL OPTION 2021 ROOM CHANGES: Room change requests: The Change Request form will be placed onto your housing dashboard and will go live at 1pm on Monday, August 23rd, 2021. The change request form is due by 11:59 pm on Friday, August 27th, 2021.
Students will receive notification about the status of their change request by Tuesday, August 31st, 2021. The physical moves for approved room changes will happen beginning at 1:00 pm on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 and must be completed by 8:00 pm on Monday, September 6, 2021.
All residents who have been granted a room change must complete their move if you change your mind and would like to withdraw your request for a move must do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 27th at 11:59pm.
In order to request a room change, please submit your request form by the date indicated.
- Fully complete all sections of application, available online in your Housing Dashboard. Failure to provide information can cause delay in the processing of your request.
- Indicate the hall, room, and/ or type of room you want to move to, why you would like to make the change, and any specific requested roommates.
- If you are applying for a change into a specific room, make sure the space is either vacant or will be vacant; requests for specific spaces that are occupied will be denied.
- If two or more people request the same space, the person who submitted their application first will be awarded the space.
- If you are requesting any available room or any available type of room, please indicate your hall and room type preference.
- If you are under 18 years of age and are requesting to move from a double room to a single room, you must have a parent or guardian sign approval.
How to change rooms (during the semester)
After you've submitted your form, a professional staff member will review all requests and notify you of the decision via your UNM email.
- You are required to check-in to your NEW Room by the date indicated in your email.
- Once you have moved all your personal items from your old room to your new room and clean your old room, you will need to schedule a check out with your old room RA.
- You are required to complete an RA Check-Out of your old room.
- Failure to complete your move within the aforementioned timeline will cancel the room change.
Improper room/apartment change fees may be assessed for moves without proper authorization.