Summer Conference Lodging
The University of New Mexico Residence Life & Student Housing Conference Services is happy to provide lodging and planning services to conference guests throughout the summer season. This seasons dates are May 28th to July 28th, 2024. Pricing varies by residence hall style and room type.
During the summer season, lodging options include traditional, suite, and apartment style halls. Double and single occupancy rooms are available. Some limited ADA accessible accommodations are available. To select the best option for your group, consider the following:
- Traditional Style Halls (Hokona, Santa Clara, Coronado, & Alvarado) are designed to accommodate large groups of lodging guests and are our most economic choice of hall. The are great for large groups or groups with younger guests. They provide mostly double accommodations with some single accommodations, as well as common area lounges, kitchens, and bathrooms, which are cleaned by our custodial staff on a regular basis. There are elevators located in Hokona and Coronado Halls.
- Suite Style Halls (Laguna and DeVargas) are designed to provide a more private experience and reduced bathroom ratios. Each suite includes a mix of double and single accommodations, and a bathroom with shower that is utilized by the occupants of the suite. There are cozy shared lounges on each upper floor, and a large shared community space including a large kitchen and lounge, 2 laundry rooms, and study areas on the basement floor of each hall. Bathrooms and common areas are maintained by our custodial staff. Suite style halls are great for small or mid-sized groups of young adults, and are located adjacent to the La Posada Dining facility. Laguna and DeVargas do not have elevators and are not ADA accessible.
- Apartment Style Halls (Redondo Village Apartments) are designed to provide an apartment community experience with the privacy of single-only accommodations in our 4-bedroom apartments. Each apartment includes a full-sized kitchen with oven, stove, microwave and a full-sized fridge, a living area and bar-style eating, plus a convenient storage room. RVA is a great choice for groups comprised mainly of adults or upperclassmen especially if the guests need or want to cook their own meals. RVA does not provide commuity lounges or study areas. Custodial staff does not enter the apartments during group occupancy. RVA has an elevator and limited ADA rooms.
Linens options are available for purchase, and are flexible to suit your group's needs. All residence halls are co-ed.
Please visit our Tour page to view a video tour of our residence halls. Would you like to experience our halls in person? Hall tours given by our Conference Services staff are available and can help organizations to decide on the style of hall that will be the best fit for their group.
Every room provides the following amenities per occupant:
- Extra long twin bed (some single room provide a full sized bed)
- Desk with chair
- Closet and built-in drawers or a dresser unit
- Air conditioning / heating
- Access to LoboGuest WiFi
In addition to these amenities, the following services are available 24-hours a day:
- On-duty Conference Guest Attendant to assist with lodging issues
- SRC Commons Customer Service Desk
- Student Safety Staff
- Emergency Maintenance/Custodial
- UNM Hospital
- UNM Police
- UNM Fire Station 3
Our residence halls are conveniently located near amenities both on and off campus. The following services and amenities are within a 10-15 minute walk of all residence halls:
- La Posada Dining Hall (located within the Residence Hall area)
- Johnson Center and Johnson Field, Seidler Natatorium
- Student Union Building, with an art studio, hair salon, coffee shop, restaurants, cafes & more
- UNM Bookstore
- KIVA Lecture Hall
- Multiple on-campus libraries
- Popejoy Hall
- US Post Office
- Nob Hill/Central Avenue shopping/restaurants
- UNM Hospital
When you stay with Residence Life and Student Housing during the summer months, you can expect wonderful customer service and helpful people. We will do everything we can to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Each group will be assigned an individual Conference Guest Assistant (CGA) who will assist with the group’s check-in and checkout, linens, and other details specific to your group.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in and checkout times will be arranged in advance with your conference coordinator. Check-in times begin at or after 1:00pm. Checkouts must be completed by 11:00am. Early or late check-ins or checkouts between 8:00pm and 8:00am can be accommodated.
Each guest will receive a set of keys and fob at check-in. Guests should not share their key set with anyone. If locked out of their room or building, guests can contact a Conference Guest Assistant using the number posted throughout the building and on the Guest Information Guide, for assistance. Lost keys/fob will result in a charge to the guest via the conference.
Groups select the linens option in advance of the event. Linens are provided to guests upon arrival and will include all sets ordered for the stay. Linens include a pillow, pillow case, fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket, a towel and wash cloth.
In the event of a maintenance issue, our Conference Guest Assistants are available 24/7 to coordinate communication to our maintenance staff, who will respond to the issue as quickly as possible.
Conference guests are expected to abide by all University policies as well as all State and Federal laws while on UNM campus. UNM Residence Life & Student Housing has a strict no-alcohol policy, regardless of age. The University enforces designated outdoor smoking areas, and smoking within or near the halls is prohibited. Designated smoking areas are located between Hokona Hall & Laguna DeVargas complex and between Coronado Hall and Redondo Village Apartments.