Summer Conference Lodging
The University of New Mexico Residence Life & Student Housing department is happy to provide lodging to conference guests throughout the summer season, from Mid-May to the beginning of August. All lodging accommodations are requested and coordinated through the UNM Events and Planning Office.
Pricing varies by residence hall area and contract agreement with UNM Events and Planning. Although UNM Residence Life and Student Housing has not increased conference housing rates, rates may change per the contract agreement made with UNM Events and Planning. For questions regarding services or to reserve rooms for your conference, contact the UNM Events and Planning Office at 505-277-5498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the summer season, lodging options include traditional, suite, and apartment style halls. Both double and single rooms are available, including limited ADA accessible spaces. To select the best option for your group, consider the following:
- Traditional Style Halls (Hokona, Santa Clara, Coronado, & Alvarado) are designed to have many common area spaces, including common area lounges, kitchens, and bathrooms. Common areas are cleaned by our custodial staff on a regular basis.
- Suite Style Halls (Laguna and DeVargas) are designed to have limited common area spaces. Bathrooms are shared among 2-6 occupants in each suite. There are common area shared lounges on each floor and a common kitchen and lounge on the bottom floor is shared by all guests in the building.
- Apartment Style Halls (Redondo Village Apartments) are designed to share common areas among four roommates. Common areas are maintained primarily by the occupants, but periodic cleaning will be provided by our custodial staff.
- Apartment style accommodations are best suited for groups staying for long periods of time, while traditional style halls are great for large groups or groups staying for a shorter duration. Traditional and suite style halls include double and single rooms, depending on your needs. All halls are co-ed; however, rooms may be occupied only by individuals of the same gender.
Please visit our Tour page to learn more about your options to visit the Residence Halls and to view video tours of each hall.
Also note that linen service is available for an additional fee of $9.00 per guest, per week. Linen exchanges are available through our Custodial staff.
Every room comes with the following amenities, at no additional charge:
- Extra long twin beds
- Desk(s) with chair(s)
- Access to LoboGuest WiFi
- High-speed Internet access
- Air conditioning / heating
- Free laundry facilities
- Common areas and kitchens
- Campus shuttle service
In addition to these amenities, the following services are available 24-hours a day:
- Conference Guest Attendant on duty to help with emergencies, lock outs, or other needs
- SRC Commons 24-hour Customer Service
- Student Safety & Staff
- Security Escort service for the residence hall and resident parking areas
- Emergency maintenance/custodial staff
Our residence halls are conveniently located near amenities both on and off campus. the following services and amenities are within a 10-minute walk of all residence halls:
- La Posada Dining Hall
- Johnson Gym and Field, Seidler Natatorium
- Student Union Building, with an art studio, hair salon, coffee shop, restaurants, cafes & more
- UNM Bookstore
- KIVA Lecture Hall
- Multiple on-campus libraries
- Popejoy Hall
- US Post Office
- Nob Hill/Central Avenue shopping restaurants
- UNM Hospital
When you stay with Residence Life and Student Housing during the summer months, you can expect wonderful customer service and helpful people. We will do everything we can to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Each group will be assigned an individual Conference Guest Assistant (CGA) who will help to arrange the group’s check-in and checkout, linen exchanges, and other details specific to your group. Here are some specific things you can expect upon your arrival:
Individual or group option. Check-in will be arranged by your CGA and your conference coordinator. Check-in times are determined by the conference coordinator. If guests arrive outside of these hours, they will be directed to the SRC Commons 24-hour Customer Service desk for assistance. When checking in, a Conference Guest Assistant will issue a Proximity fob for the perimeter doors of the building and a room and bathroom key.
If you are locked out of your room or building, you can contact a Conference Guest Assistant using the number posted throughout the building and on your Guest Information Guide for assistance. Lost keys will result in a charge to the guest via the conference.
Your Room and Hall
An extra long twin bed, desk and chair are provided in each room for every occupant, and include closets and drawers for additional storage.
If your conference has made arrangements for linen, the linen will be available upon your arrival. Linen packets include pillow, pillow case, fitted sheet, top sheet, and blanket. If your conference has not rented linen, linen will not be provided to you.
Traditional and suite-style halls provide:
- Community kitchens with stove/oven/ microwaves, and in some cases refrigerators
- Community female and male bathrooms are secure and only accessible by key. Bathrooms include exclusive showers and bathroom stalls, sinks, and mirrors. Some halls provide gender neutral bathrooms and showers.
- Community lounge spaces with TVs
If you encounter a maintenance issue, please contact a Conference Guest Assistant using the number posted around the building. Our maintenance staff will respond to the issue as quickly as possible.
Conference guests are expected to abide by University policies while staying in the on-campus residence halls. UNM Residence Life & Student Housing has a strict no-alcohol policy, regardless of age. Furthermore, the University enforces designated smoking areas, smoking within or near the halls is prohibited. Designated smoking areas are located between Hokona Hall & Laguna DeVargas complex and between Coronado Hall and Redondo Village Apartments.
Conference guests will be instructed to check-out in the lobby area of their respected building during a specific check-out period, designated by the conference coordinator. Conference guests that must check out after hours will be directed to the SRC Commons 24-hour Customer Service Desk.
Guests will be asked to turn in their keys (room, perimeter, and, if applicable, bathroom).We ask that you help us keep our college campus facilities clean and well-maintained. Any additional charges will be billed directly to the conference by the UNM Events and Planning Office.